Friday, October 27, 2006




Two things: one, today I met Diane von Furstenberg, who comes off as very charming and open in her lectures (talks, Q&As, what have you), and is disappointingly distant one-on-one. Granted, my one-on-one with her was about two seconds long in front of the iced tea tray, but it was still disappointing.

I suppose it's because I felt led on. Not only had there been Gopnik the day before, who makes everyone around him feel smart and interesting simply by possessing both of those characteristics himself, but also because I had originally expected her to be cold and distant, and had been warmed up by her talk. Let that be a lesson to me: not everyone who says they love all women actually want to talk to all women.

The second thing: in order to offset news of the soft taffeta breeze from the fashion world, I will post a couple more pictures of my gentle brother with big fuzzy dead things.


1 Comments:

Blogger E-dawn said...

That's your brother? Oh dear. He's such carnivore... to think he slept so sweetly on our blue couch, and all along he was a beast killing boy.

miss you adrienne.

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home