Monday, May 14, 2007

Shameless Plugs

Those of you who know me well may know that I work on the @Google team (Authors@Google and Women@Google specifically) as a part of my work at Google. I think the events we produce are phenomenal, both in quality and in breadth. In the past we've featured authors as varied as Atul Gawande and Martin Amis, and had visits from women like Hilary Clinton and Jane Fonda.

One of the great things about these events is that they're taped and available on YouTube.com.
You can also check out the new @Google website, which is available here (that's http://www.google.com/talks/authors, if the link doesn't work or you just like to see things written out).

We've also begun inviting political candidates in a new series called Candidates@Google. On May 4 we hosted John McCain, which was a very interesting event for a highly liberal campus. Eric Schmidt led the conversation with McCain, who stepped up to some very difficult questions from the crowd. You can check out some of the press coverage at the links below. I also strongly encourage you to look at the YouTube videos if you've got the time!

AP Sunday Article

Red Herring Article


(*and oh yeah, the illustration for this post actually says "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year," not "I'm Great!" liked I had hoped. Oh well. I can dream.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home