Monday, January 07, 2008

Champeen!

I have always been a little bit overzealous in my fitness aspirations. For example, as anyone who speaks to me about running will know, I exercise maybe once a week, but it has for several years been my stated goal to be able to outrun a tiger.

If I just want it badly enough, I can accomplish anything, right? Mommy?

Anyway, the one thing I have been pretty good at in the past, which makes me feel suitably tough, is boxing. Yes, it's usually cardio-kickboxing, which is not exactly the stuff of or Million Dollar Baby or Rocky, but who wants to die in the end of the movie? Or lose?

I'm hoping to do more boxing in the future, but for now I'd like to make plain my prowess with a couple of fight portraits, taken in Portland, OR, this past December. They illustrate a triumphant match between a punching bag and the heralded team made up of myself & my young cousin Eddie.


It's probably worth mentioning that Eddie tried to beat me up right after these photos were taken. But I was not defeated!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mozzadrella said...

You have SOOOO much hair!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Adrienne Celt said...

I know. Some of it really needs to go.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home